Saturday, May 22, 2010

Going dark, just temporarily...

Dearest blog readers and posterity itself:

The good news is that I've made it safely to China, first stop Shanghai. The bad news is that my connection to my blog is, well, nonexistent. So, we will be going dark here at What's That? I Want To Eat It! for the next couple of weeks until I get to Turkey and an unfiltered internet connection.

Some things you have to look forward to:
-- The final 13 posts from Singapore, including some more tremendous eating!
-- Some guaranteed good eating posts from Shanghai!
-- Some good-as-guaranteed stories of culinary and non-culinary exploits in Beijing, Ha'erbin, and places to be named later!

In the meantime, how about some friendly creative competition? Should you have some inspiration, feel free to leave a poem in comments, on any topic. When I can connect back to my blog in Turkey, I'll read them through and laugh, and cry, and be moved. I'll also pick the one that stands out to me (Apples To Apples rules, meaning, I may make the call very idiosyncratically) and that person will get a trip-related commendation.

Of course, I can be reached via email in the intervening weeks.

Until June 9th!

Your traveling correspondent

1 comment:

  1. hey! I just read your whole blog-- loved it! Jen recommended I check it out, and I laughed when I realized I had actually seen it before from a "recommendation" by Google Reader! How is that for random? Glad to hear that you'll be heading to Turkey and Israel soon. Let me know if I can help you out with any foodie tips-- I lived both places and love good eats :-)
    Bon voyage, and see you I guess in a couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete