Monday, May 10, 2010

Meet Joe Doctor, art owner

After years of thinking about it, I bit the bullet. I bought my first piece of real art, and I am so excited. The owner of my guesthouse in Ubud for the second week is an artist and his work is fantastic. His name is I Made Jodog. He is an art professor in Denpasar and also studied in Florida for awhile. My painting is en route to the USA, where I will meet up with it in several months. Here are two shots of it, the second with Made (it's big!):



After some initial experimentation with abstract sculpture, he has settled into slightly impressionistic versions of the natural beauty of Bali, combined with simple images. So, in the above, you have the rice fields, combined with a pair of dragonflies (representing growth and metamorphosis) and a pair of ants (representing strength through collaboration). If you'd like to see more of his stuff, check out his website here: http://jodogcreativespace.com/

1 comment:

  1. love it!!!!! the colors are awesome and I love the symbolism of the dragonflies and ants. nice work jose! that should look good in your home! very nice indeedy

    ReplyDelete