Sunday, August 22, 2010

Back to Berlin, time for you know what!

The beginning of my travels home, back stateside. Oh what a wonderful trip it's been! I do get another 15 hours in Berlin, for which I am very excited.

My hotel, though, is way out. It's in eastern East Berlin. You know Warschauer Strasse? East of that. You know Ostkreuz? Yeah, east of that. I get to it and thankfully it is clean and nice (and cheap). And, it has a doner kebab place right down the street.


My final doner kebab in Berlin was just as one would suspect. Not the best doner in the world, but a totally great meal that left me totally satisfied. Juicy meat, plenty of toppings, and a great sauce to bring it all together.


What goes well with doner kebab? I know, currywurst! At the airport, actually, en route to Helsinki, there is a model train that sells currywurst. I must have some.


And I do. And, much like the doner, it is not the best but totally sufficient and totally satisfactory. And with that, I bid adieu to Berlin and to Germany!

No comments:

Post a Comment