Saturday, August 21, 2010

A little bistro dinner

One of Patrik's good friends from graduate school is Dutch and now lives in Amsterdam. She wonderfully offered to take us to dinner and share with us some of her best spots in the city.

We went to Roem, in the loveliest part of town that has canals alternating with streets. It is absolutely fantastic in terms of ambiance.


As my refreshment, I got a goblet of La Chouffe. This was an excellent beer, much like a lighter version of Chimay.


And as my main, the special of the day, entrecote with spaghetti arrabiatta. The meat was done very nicely, medium rare as requested. It was the first time in a long time I've had a good steak, and a French bistro seemed just the ticket. The pasta wasn't up to the heights of the meat. It was fine, but lacked the punch that can make arrabiatta transcendent.

I emerged full from the meal and full with spots to check out in my coming couple of days in Amsterdam.

No comments:

Post a Comment