Monday, August 23, 2010

A fabulous food experience just out of my reach

One dining establishment had caught my eye in pre-country research. Juuri Reittio and Baari bills itself as a Finnish tapas establishment. I was very curious and planned it to be the last stop of my walk.


Alas, my walk took too long! And they closed earlier than they said they would! When I showed up at 10:45pm (admittedly, kinda late), they were just closing up (in advance of midnight which the internet proclaimed as their closing hour).


Peeking at their menu, my disappointment grew. "Slightly smoked reindeer heart with gelee made of rowanberry wine"? Holy cow, I want to eat that. "Crayfish-cottage cheese filled cabbage leaves, melted dill butter"? Yes, I want to eat that! "Cold smoked pike with nettle mayonnaise and buckthorn malt bread"? Let me eat that! But it was not to be.

Has anyone ever been to this place? If you go, let me know. And, if you're in Helsinki, you should go.

No comments:

Post a Comment