Sunday, August 15, 2010

Denmark looks to its southwest

A quick train ride later and we were back in Copenhagen. Dinner time! We head to La Galette to get a crepe fix.


We headed in and saw a big menu with lots of choices.


But before we would get to food, I needed a drink.


And, lo and behold, the beer was called Hancock! It was from a smaller town in another part of Denmark. I liked it both because it reminded me of my former home in San Francisco and because it was pretty tasty.


As my selection, I went with the goat cheese and walnut crepe with side salad. The salad was a nice and refreshing way to begin the meal. The crepe itself was well made, with good buckwheat, goat cheese, and walnuts. My one complaint would be that it got monotonous about halfway through. Not bad tasting, mind you, but just the same, over and over.


And as a group dessert selection, a banana and chocolate crepe with ice cream. A let down, nearly totally. The ice cream had a bit of freezer burn and the chocolate was more like flavored sugar. Disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment