Sunday, July 25, 2010

A final plate of pierogies done well

I decided to keep it simple for my last meal in Krakow. I found a tiny little nameless diner on the corner of a street in Kazimierz.


I went in to order. I tried to get a plate of stuffed cabbage rolls. No dice. All it had, it turned out, was Russian pierogies, or the kind stuffed with potatoes and served with melted butter.


And it was pretty good! As I was eating it, I decided it tasted like oversized gnocchi in butter sauce with caramelized onions. Each pierogi was filled to the brim with fluffy mashed potatoes. Without the butter, it would have been a plate of potatoes, but with the butter, the bites were transformed into something very tasty indeed.

And with that bite, I wrapped up my time in Poland, satisfied with a good week and excited for adventures to come in Munich and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment