Friday, July 23, 2010

Pork, potatoes, mustard, oh my!

Lunch took me to Schwarzwaldstuben, which means something about the Black Forest.


It was a lovely little cafe that had big windows thrown open to the beautiful day outside. I grabbed a table right up against one of the windows.


It being my first meal in Germany, you better believe there was going to be delicious beer involved. And so it was. This draft Rothaus yeast beer was excellent, a bit like a hoppier version of a hefeweizen, if you can imagine such a thing. Delicious.


For food, I had smoked pork over potato salad with a side green salad. Wow was everything on this plate tasty. The mustard in the little bowl was souped-up dijon, ready for action. The smoked pork was flavorful without beating me over the head about it. The potato salad went easy on the mayo and instead used dill and other spices to bring out the potato-y goodness within. And the little green salad was just the balancing ticket, light and lightly dressed. I ate it all with relish.

No comments:

Post a Comment