Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A quick breakfast on my way out

My last morning I headed to the now-standard dumplings and noodles shop, hoping to grab a quick breakfast. I was surprised to see an entirely different cast of characters had taken over the shop for breakfast, making loads of delicious looking fried bread and steamed dumplings.


My dumplings were good. Light skins, not too heavy for the AM. The meat filling inside was flavorful but, again, not too dense. Excellent.

For other breakfasts in Beijing, I've has the pancakes stuffed with chives and garlic (excellent and garlicky), a fired bread not unlike the parantha of India (also yummy), and more steamed buns. And nothing ever cost more than 50 cents!

Also, though not for breakfast, I did get a chance to try ridiculously fresh yogurt.


All of the drinks shops throughout town had bunches of these clay jars on their tables. After tasting one, I knew why. Fresh yogurt, not overloaded with sugar, drunk through a straw. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment